It’s comfy, smart and always stylish – we take a look at the best ways to wear the midi dress, whatever the occasion
The brunch date
Florals aren’t just for spring, so ease yourself into autumn with this gorgeous Gestuz piece, made with a super flattering wrap detail to create the perfect silhouette, allowing you to feel fabulous all day. Casual but stylish, this dress can be worn time and time again and never gets old.
- Afflict Cylindrical Heel Boots, £96, Office
- Conway leather off-white bag, £195, Reiss
- Gestuz Sille floral-print wrap dress, £225, Harvey Nichols
The smart casual
When it comes to workwear, it’s all about finding the right balance between professionalism and comfort, which can sometimes prove rather tricky. If you’re bored of the same old fitted suit, switch it up with this versatile calf-length shirt dress from H&M, which is a great alternative that’s best paired with some patent shoes to add character.
- Calf-length shirt dress, £24.99, H&M
- Patent Croc Heel, £89, & Other Stories
- Lacey handle shoulder bag, £24, Topshop
The comfy classic
This soft fine-knit midi from H&M is the ultimate comfy go-to, whether you’re kicking back at home, travelling in style or running some quick errands, simply throw this on with a pair of trainers and you’re good to go.
- Leather tote, £89.99, Zara
- Light Grey Gazelle Suede Trainers, £75, Schuh
- Fine-knit dress, £34.99, H&M
The statement piece
If standing out from the crowd is more for you, look no further than this RIXO leopard print number. Made from luxurious silk-crepe, you can wear it just as well dressed up or down to get heads turning for all the right reasons.