We have rounded up the best bits from the high-street to help our summer wardrobes transition into autumn
As summer slowly draws to a close, it can be hard to find suitable outfits in our wardrobes! The weather is unpredictable, warm and sunny one minute then heavy rain. The autumn/winter trends seem too heavy and imposing for August, so we have found ten key pieces to help you transition into the new trends.
1. Shaggy yeti coats were everywhere on the Autumn/Winter catwalks, and so this shaggy faux fur gilet is perfect to throw on when the nights inevitably get cooler. The loose style is easy to layer over blouses and t-shirts, for that effortless style. £65, Topshop.
2. Wear this jacquard mini now as a dress with bare legs – and when the weather turns, layer over thick tights, a long-sleeved top and ankle boots for a chic seventies look. £29.99, Zara.
3. This rust colour floppy hat is made from 100% wool, perfect for keeping you hair dry and you warm in those unexpected showers. This is a key look in the seventies trend, a simple accessory to update your outfit. £14, Dorothy Perkins.
4. We love this classic camel A-line corduroy skirt. For that ultimate seventies look team with a lightweight blouse whilst the weather is still nice, and then when the weather is colder, a polo neck. £25.99, Zara.
5. We love this throwback to the eighties with a classic asymmetrical shape. Team with wide-leg culottes or a midi skirt for a night out, the knitted fabric will stop you from being too cold! One-shoulders were a huge trend on the catwalks this season, from Saint Laurent to Balmain. £75, Whistles.
6. Red is a huge trend for Autumn/Winter and this jumpsuit is a perfect relaxed tailored style. This jumpsuit is a key item to have in your wardrobe for transitional trends, as it is not overly summery but then not made from a heavy winter fabric. £75, Topshop.
7. Ladylike accessories giving that debutante air were popular with many designers such as Dolce & Gabbana and Marc Jacobs. This shoulder bag is perfect with its mini size in a beautiful blush shade. £120, Reiss.
8. Bedazzle with this bejewelled trend featuring layers of large ornate stones – look to Miu Miu or Givenchy for inspiration in styling your gems. £8, Accessorize.
9. These leather loafers are perfect for nailing the geek chic trend. The burgundy snakeskin gives the shoe a luxurious feel, to stop this trend from being too jumble sale! £39.95, GAP.
10. Winter florals dominated the runway this season, with heavily decorated interior prints. This technicolour scarf is an easy way to wear this look without having to fully commit to the heavy prints, it will uplift any outfit. £69, Ted Baker.