Uber has rolled into Birmingham!
The controversial app-based taxi firm Uber have now officially launched in Birmingham and if your anything like us you hate having to wait around in the cold not knowing when your taxi is going to show up or even if there a black cab to flag down! We’ve got the low down on everything you need to know:
How do the fares stack up?
- Birmingham New Street Station to Selly Oak – £5-7
- The Bullring to Edgbaston – £4-6
- City Centre to Birmingham Airport – £14-17
How does it work?
- Drop the pin on the map at your current location to request a car and track its arrival in-app
- Use the in-app fare estimator to see how much your trip will cost
- Share your ETA to let the folks at home know when you’ll be arriving
- Feeling thrifty? Split the fare with a friend and see your savings stack up
Sign up today and get £10 free credit! – enter the promo code PT2GU
So, whether you’re heading home from the Bullring with a boot-full of bargains, hitting Broad Street for a night out or seeking some fresh air at Cannon Hill Park, fire up your app and start riding in style.
Uber will be rolling out more cars onto the road as the weeks progress so if you can’t get a car first time round, keep trying. @UberUK